As well as the beautiful beach out the front of the resort, swimming pools and Spa facilities, there are plenty of other things to see and do during your stay…..
- Numerous good quality scuba diving locations with some excellent schools so even if you haven’t tried it before, then not a problem as they are fully equipped for all levels.
- Sea fishing
- Whale and dolphin watching
- Quad bike tours
- Visit the salt mines for a unique swimming experience
- Beautiful rock pools
- Catamaran trips along the coast line
- Sal also has some of the best kite surfing and windsurfing available anywhere in the world, with the best conditions being during the winter months. Good trade winds coming from the east and some large swells mean you can get the best of both worlds with either wave conditions and also some flat water available off the beach in Santa Maria.
- Kite and windsurf kit is available to hire as well as beginners lessons at a number of well trained and well equipped schools.
- There is also some good surfing to be found off the infamous Ponta Preta point.
Santa Maria has numerous bars and restaurants to suit all tastes. Most of which are already serving food to a very high standard and a good ambiance can be found all around town.
There are also various day & overnight trips to the other islands that make up Cape Verde. If you are interested in these then we can put you touch with a local English tourist office who will be more than happy to advise and book these for you.